Committed for the future
Driven by a longstanding commitment of the organization UTMB® Mont-blanc for the preservation of the natural environment, UTMB Group has decided in 2021, to write an ambitious and engaging sustainability strategy for the UTMB® Group and the UTMB World Series circuit.
Ordino is one of the 7 parishes that make up the Principality of Andorra.
It is a trail running paradise, a picturesque and unique village and also the only UNESCO Biosphere Reserve in the principality. This means that human intervention is carried out in a way that is compatible with the conservation of natural resources and cultural heritage.
The organisation of the Trail 100 Andorra by UTMB defends this philosophy and works to minimise the impact on this picturesque village and its incredible landscape.
These are some of the improvements we have implemented since 2021 edition:
We have removed more than 35,000 pieces of plastic:
Replacing refreshment cups with soft-cups and plates and cutlery from the recovery meal with compensable utensils.
All runners will be given a backpack produced from recycled polyester.
We reduce CO₂ impact:
- 80% of the products at the aid stations are locally sourced.
- 85% of the merchandising of the race is produced locally (Andorra).
The quality and resistance of the products that generate the most impact have been improved so that they can be reused in multiple editions:
- The markers are reused in all editions.
- The life bag is the same for all the UTMB World Series Events so that participants can reuse them.
- All branding material is reused from the last edition.